Seven Good Reasons For Choosing A Tile Roof
While asphalt shingles are the most popular type of roofing material in the United States, there are a lot of good reasons for looking beyond this type of roofing material to a more traditional type of roof, such as clay tiles. A tile roof is not only beautiful, but is one of the most durable roofing materials on the market.
Benefits of choosing a clay tile roof
1. Durability. When you choose a clay tile roof, you probably won't ever have to worry about replacing your roof ever again. This type of roof can last for 100 years or even longer. That compares to a lifespan of between 15 and 30 years for an asphalt shingle roof.
2. Aesthetics. Clay tiles have a beautiful, distinctive look that adds to any home's curb appeal, a fact that can help attract potential homebuyers when it's time to put your property on the market.
3. Reflective. Unlike asphalt shingles, clay tiles reflect rather than absorb the heat from the sun. That means your air cooling system won't have to work as hard to keep your home cool in the summer, saving you money on your energy bills and helping to prolong the life of your system.
4. Versatility. Clay roofing tiles are available in a variety of shapes and sizes and in a rainbow of colors. While burnt orange or sienna is the most popular and best known color, clay tiles are available in hues from gray to mauve to brown. There's something to complement most any design taste and architectural style.
5. Weather resistance. Unlike other types of roofing material, clay tiles are impervious to water and insect damage. They won't warp or rot when they get wet, nor harbor a colony of damaging termites or ants.
6. Resistant to fire. Until wood or asphalt shingles, clay tiles don't burn and thus can give you and your family precious extra time to escape your home in the event of a fire.
7. Low maintenance. Another prime benefit of opting for a tile roof is that such roofs require very little maintenance. You don't have to reseal or paint a clay tile roof.
While a clay tile roof may not be the right choice for every homeowner, this type of roof is extremely durable, attractive, versatile and resistant to most anything Mother Nature can throw at it. A clay tile roof is definitely worth considering. Call your local roofing contractor for more information.